Monday, September 22, 2008

Life after "Ike"

Where to even start?

I know I haven't been blogging as much as I had hoped to. Life has taken such a change in direction for us here at the Cat House.

There is many good things to share and there are some sad things to share, but one hates to dwell on the sad. At least I don't like to. I always try to focus on the good. I find that counting my blessings makes life much easier and more pleasant to go through. I have learned to take time to sit outside in the back porch and just take in God's work. That helps me focus on all the blessings that I have around me. I still try to take many pictures every where I go for Saturday's Photo Hunts. I always had fun with those blogs.

Some of the things that I'm about to blog, will probably be blogged separately to give them some individual attention...

I know I've lost some readers since I first started my blog and that is fine, as I've stated, life moves on and tends to take us all in different directions.

Here recently, the Houston and Galveston and parts of Louisiana experienced the wrath of Hurricane Ike. Much to say on that one, but the good thing in all of that is that we, personally, were spared. Thank God! Living in a mobile home, I was petrified and didn't know what to expect. I was fearing the worst, but... God was watching over us. We had no damages to our home or property. Light damages were experienced on my car as it decided to get in the way of flying debris. Our back fence took a beating but none of this is really worth mentioning seeing the devastation it brought upon many Galveston and Houston residents! You've all seen the news coverage I'm sure. We lost power for seven days, but were very blessed to have running water and good neighbors to help us (me) through the times I was at the house alone after the storm. This is another post though.

Something else we have to share is Porta's Cat and Sugar Cat are engaged to be married! Yes... we will be tieing the knot in January of 2009. Yet another post for some individual attention to the subject. LOL

My son just got back from Paris, France! Vacationing in Paris, France... I mean if you are going to have to evacuate, what a better way to do it!!! he was spared the experience of Hurricane Ike but only because they left a week prior to Ike making his way to us. He was not spared his wrath on his home though. This too is another blog.

Well, this is just a small update of the Cat House. I'm hoping that I can catch up with everyone else soon. Hoping to make a comeback in this part of my world.

God Bless all those affected by Hurricane Ike! and God Bless the Bucket Men and all of our Community that is pulling together to help those in need!

Labels: , ,