Saturday, July 12, 2008

Houston Farmer's Market Experience


What a way to spend a Saturday morning... Going to just one of Houston's Farmers Markets.

The sites and sounds were over whelming, so much to soak in and inhale even. When PC mentioned a few weeks back that we should hit some of the Farmer's Markets in Houston, I said "sure... sounds like fun". I've never been to a Farmers Market, the whole time I've lived in Houston. Since meeting PC, I've been able to experience many new sights, new places.

He always has great suggestions on new places to visit, I say new... but they are not new to him, I think, mostly for me. I was so caught up with the sites and sounds of my surroundings that I didn't take more pictures as I had hoped... but for now, I leave you with the following pictures.







The following is what we came home with from the Market...A total of $17 in produce, actually $16, but one of the vendors kept an extra dollar, maybe she needed it more than we did. I wasn't about to stand there and argue over $1.00, embarrass her or myself. We thought our purchase was extremely reasonable, considering that we came home with so much produce. Enough produce, that we shared almost half of it with the neighbor.



and this is what resulted from the many different peppers that we bought...




Homemade Salsa in the Molcajete that mom gave me many years ago... I know she'd be proud of her daughter. Still keeping some of the "Old Traditions"

For too many years, I have kept my eyes focused on what I knew, what was familiar to me... Even though I thought I lived with an open mind, there were parts of my life, that were driven to live only on familiar grounds. Thank God for PC... my eyes have opened more since meeting him, and for that, I am definitely blessed.

Labels: