Career Change Part II
As I mentioned before, I have been praying long and hard on this one and I felt a sense that this is where I'm supposed to be going; God's word is strong here.
I also have to say that, even though, I feel this is where I need to go... something is messing with my mind at the same time.
A small tiny voice comes through in all of this and says... "Are you sure, you want to leave the comfort of where you are, the benefits of your current job, having One week off for Spring Break, One week off for Thanksgiving, Two weeks off for Christmas and New Years, THE WHOLE SUMMER OFF!!?? The benefits of a Teacher Retirement, Great Insurance..." the list goes on....

Well friends... These were and really "ARE" nice benefits, REALLY NICE, but.... many changes within my job and personal life in the last year have caused me to be dissatisfied, unhappy and incomplete, within myself and with my job.
This is where I want to thank Kyle The Opinionated (Cerebral Misfire) for his words of wisdom! I can honestly say that I am not compromising anything in my beliefs with my new road ahead, but... I am scared of the unknown, something that is not in my comfort zone. I can't hold on to a comfort zone, just because I’m scared, this is meant to be. This is where my faith comes in and remember that I need to "Let go and let God".
So... without further delay, I made the call on Saturday and informed the company that I was interested in the position. So, ahead of me is some serious hard work, but I say... "BRING IT ON!!"
Continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated!
P.S.
Kyle, mine are still going your way!
And with all that being said, I end my post with the following:
Lord, I trust You with all my heart and I will not lean on my own understanding. I acknowledge You in all my ways and ask You to direct my paths. Order my day and be in charge of it. Help me to do all I need to do.
A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord direct his steps.
Proverbs 16:9
So often I have prayed for something and didn’t even recognize the answer to my own prayer when I received it, because it did not happen the way I thought it would. Forgive me when I have been ungrateful because of my lack of perception. Help me to see things from Your perspective. Help me to see Your goodness in all things.
<< Home